I'm Andréa Baber, a wedding photographer based in Allyn, WA, and serving clients in Seattle, Tacoma, Spokane, Portland, and the surrounding areas. While I've lived in Allyn for four years now, I've always lived in the pacific northwest and grew up in Puyallup, WA. I photograph weddings primarily in Western Washington but I'm happy to travel throughout the state. I recently married the love of my life and we're so happy to start this next chapter of our lives!
Why "As You Wish"?
When I think of the phrase "as you wish", I think of The Princess Bride. My now husband happened to pick this movie for us to watch on one of our first dates - he didn't realize it was my favorite movie. It's a quote that represents the true love shared between the main characters. If you haven't seen the movie, go watch it now!
This has such significant meaning in my and my husband's relationship and it has shaped how I see love. My goal is to showcase the true love of each couple which whom I work; capturing their true, unique love in moments they will cherish forever.
A little more about me:
- People tend to pronounce my name wrong, so I hope this helps: An-dre-uh Babe-er
- I LOVE dogs and own two English Cream Golden Retrievers named Pepper & Max. If you own a dog we're going to get along just fine!!
- My husband and I were what he calls a "COVID couple" - meaning our wedding day plans were changed a few times because of the pandemic. But we made it to the alter (in my parent's backyard).
- My drink of choice is soy chai but I will never pass up a glass of wine and always try a new beer.
- I'm a proud Washington State University graduate, Go Cougs! Apple Cup 2021 Champs!!
- I love to travel and explore new places! My favorite place that I've visited is Greece!
What's my "Why"?
I have worked in the wedding service industry for a total of 5 years. I started catering and bartending weddings and I found myself wanting to serve and help the bride and groom to help make their day extra special. Sometimes that was serving the newlyweds their dinner or getting them drinks, and once giving a bride my own hair-tie because she needed it. The way I show love to others is through acts of service.
Transitioning into becoming a wedding photographer, I found that by providing couples with my service and talent for wedding photography, I was feeling fulfilled. Having experienced my own wedding planning struggles during COVID-19, my job as your wedding photographer is to make this process as relaxing as possible. When you're relaxed as a couple, you can just be you. You can enjoy every second while feeling confident that those very real moments that you're having will be saved forever through photographs.